Even I root for University of Michigan Football. I have been gone from the state of Michigan and Michigan State University long enough, that I can root for any Big Ten football team. Of course, that excludes Ohio State.
Today Michigan played Notre Dame. Michigan won big 38-0. The loss for Notre Dame comes after the loss to Penn State. This loss has even more significance to those of us here in Oak Park, California. Jimmy Clausen, the freshman quarterback for Notre Dame, played high school football at Oaks Christian, a private high school rival of Oak Park High School, Oak Park California. Oaks Christian's semi pro recruited team (the majority of last year starting football team went to division one colleges, some were relatives of big time college players or professional players) caused Oak Park headaches for years. Jimmy Clausen is an excellent football player and probably will go on to have an excellent college football career and even go on to become a professional, however it has been nice to see the Big Ten give him a nice welcome. It would be even nicer if Michigan State could continue this next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment