This Week's Very Short Story
Chapter One
I went to college to
major in Mathematics and minor in Accounting to become an Accountant.... guess
that didn't work out.
(Just in time for college football)
I went to Michigan State University.
My next younger brother went to Michigan State.
My youngest brother was not as smart and he
went to the University of Michigan.
I went to Michigan State University.
My next younger brother went to Michigan State.
My youngest brother was not as smart and he
went to the University of Michigan.
My father could fix almost anything with 3 things. WD 40,
duct tape and folded up cardboard.
I am, probably the only person in the history of Oak Park
high School to have requested a second year of math with Mr. Norbert Antosiak.
Awhile back we went from a queen mattress to a king
mattress. Now I have to text to see if
she is there.
I spent much of my first fifty years trying to get as much
stuff as possible. For the next fifty
years, I will be trying to get rid of it.
Forty two years ago I was working at McDonalds. Some things just don’t work out.
While in college, one summer, I worked as a tube pusher on a
hot factory floor making cores for radiators of large trucks… a few years later
my younger, bigger and stronger brother got a job there making deliveries in an
air conditioned car. What was up with
that?
While in college, I worked at a department store in the
sporting goods department. We also sold guns,
ammunition and snow blowers in that department, go figure.
I can still make her laugh….. When she listens.
Your children may listen to you, but it may take years for
you to find that out.
Sometimes when I write longer stories, I give them to my son
to edit. He’s right handed and I am left
handed. They come back written
backwards.
My son talks to me about which voice I write in. I don’t know…, the one in my head?