Thursday, July 5, 2007

Update to ‘The Mystique of “5”

Just thought I would add an update to ‘The Mystique of “5”’.

http://robertbinder.blogspot.com/2007/06/mystique-of-5.html

Seth has been in Israel since the end of June. http://www.israelbaseballleague.com/main/

He started the first game of the season at shortstop, and yes, was wearing the number “5”.

A week after that first game we watched it on KCET TV, a PBS station in Los Angeles.

Sometime before the second game he hurt his wrist and was out for a week. He came back to pinch hit and play 3rd base one game. The next game he started at 3rd base and finally got his first hit. We know that there will be many to follow.

Since I wrote “5”, Seth was given an award at the senior scholar-athletic awards luncheon. He won the Andrews Family Award for Academics, Athletics and Leadership.

Something else that I did not put in Mystique is that Seth was a two year captain of the baseball team. In his junior year, he shared this with 2 seniors and in his senior year he was the lone captain.

No comments: