The
story I didn't want to write.
A
mentor of mine always answered everything is fantastic, couldn't be
better when asked how he was. He learned it from a mentor of his. He
also learned that his mentor would say this even when everything was
not all right. Well this may work in an office but I just can't keep
that attitude tonight.
This
evening my mother, Helen Binder,
passed away. It was one short last illness that took her life in
addition to her many medical problems. Her mind was sharp to the end.
In
the last few days many people stopped by to see her, including my son
from Baltimore and his fiancée who had a short layover in Los
Angeles on his way to Hawaii for a wedding. Mom loved it.
The
night before last as I was leaving I said see you tomorrow as she was
giving me two thumbs up, she said maybe not. It was difficult to
sleep that night thinking that would be her last words.
Today
toward the end of the day she kept talking about getting dressed and
finding her shoes and purse and taking a trip. At times she felt like
she was on a plane. She kept talking about Israel. I asked her who
is there and she replied my son Matthew. I asked who else and she
said my daughter in law Shaina. I told her to have a nice trip. Her
reply was, OH Robert! Again as I was leaving I said see you
tomorrow; she just gave me a face.
I
am told by the nursing staff that she went peacefully. I hope she
has a nice trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment