Monday, April 6, 2020

This Weeks Very Short Story: Chapter 22


I never really talked to my son’s about girls, dating, marriage. My younger son, Seth had been going out with a young lady for some time and I noticed that she had been running in a number of races, 5K, 10K, etc. So I sent a text to him stating that Allison had been running a number of races and that he should catch her before she runs away. I did not expect and did not get one right away. Sometime later, he said do you remember that text that you sent me. I played like I did not and then said yes. His only comment was that was the idea. Well he officially caught her. 
My first roommate in the Fraternity house was not a Fraternity member. He happened to be a saved Christian. He had this car with a large engine. One day as we were driving down some of the small streets in East Lansing he decides to show me how fast his car can go. As I sat glued to the back of my seat, I told him that I understand that he knows where he is going after this life, but I am not in any hurry to find out. 
One movie that I had a hard time watching was ‘Philadelphia’. Another movie, ‘Rent’, I just could not make it through. 
To make things much simpler in my life when it comes to what to celebrate or not, I have decided to follow this rule. IF they are serving food, celebrate it. This works for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, New Years, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Reunions and Everyday Life. 
A medical school classmate of mine retired and grew his beard. He became Santa Claus. Now when I think of Santa Claus, I think of him. I was thinking that when I retire, I would become Harry Hannukah, but I think my older son beat me to it. 
My father was a very progressive thinking man; he foresaw the migration of people out of Detroit into the suburbs. When he bought his first house, he looked to Oak Park; or was it just cheaper there. 

No comments: