I
was out shopping and the sales person had an English sounding accent.
I said to him that I hear that you are not from around here, probably
from Chicago. He says yes, south side. I told him that he is
probably from where my daughter in law was from. Then I thought
again and said Australia because I was not sure. He said no, real
far from there. I asked him where he was from, and he said
Manchester, England. I told him that is where my daughter in law is
from.
On
Sunday July 23, 1967, my parents gathered up all three children into
the car for a ride to Belle Isle in Detroit for a day of fun. It was
closed that day as we would later find out to put prisoners from the
rioting. I never have been back there.
Behind
our house on Greenbriar in Oak Park was an easement between the homes
and West Side Drive In. This was not far from the Detroit Artillery
Armory used by the Michigan National Guard. During the riots of 1967,
they would patrol behind our house. I guess we felt safer.
I
hate live TV shows that we watch on the west coast that have been
previously recorded like Saturday Night Live. Even more I hate shows
recorded live in California that we can only watch as previously
recorded. Imagine if they tried that with the Super Bowl.
When
I go to pay for my car wash at this one place, they have been
charging me less than the stated charge and it is not on a day that
there is a discount. Well I finally looked at the receipt; senior
discount. I didn’t even know to ask for one.
No comments:
Post a Comment